Vision & Mission
Tourism is considered an engine of development and a catalyst to economic prosperity of a state. Tourism not only refreshes the mind, but it also ushers happiness, relaxation, enjoyment and offers a new experience etc. to the tourists.
It results in all round growth by means of an economic multiplier effect that percolates to various stake-holders and other sectors such as airlines, railways, surface cruises, hotels etc.
The Vision of Andhra Pradesh tourism is to promote steady and sustained growth phase of the travel and tourism sector in Andhra Pradesh making the destinations more accessible, more attractive with many facilities and amenities for the tourists worldwide.
"To maintain its current position as the most sought-after tourism destination for an authentic, luxurious, and personalized feel and experience of Andhra Pradesh for travelers from all regions."
Tourism is a major phenomenon in the modern society that has emerged as a successful economic activity carrying immense global importance. There is hardly any other field of activity, which has so many people involved directly or indirectly.
Tourism finds a niche for itself as an effective instrument in terms of generating employment, earning revenue and foreign exchange, enhance environment, preserving culture and tradition thereby resulting in overall development. Tourism is regarded as one of the world's largest and fastest growing industries and Andhra Pradesh Tourism has grown by leaps and bounds over last few years and is also gearing up to achieve significant progress in the field due to a many encouraging factors.
Andhra Pradesh has vast geographical area combined with great historical and cultural heritage, which are excellent conditions for more growth in this sector. The vision of Andhra Pradesh tourism is to serve as a guiding force that offers a clear vision and direction for optimizing the tourism potential of this state in a sustainable manner.
According to Government of India estimates, every one crore that is invested in Tourism creates 475 jobs compared to 126 jobs from manufacturing sector, which proves the potential of this sector.
- Make Andhra Pradesh travel and tourism more popular and attractive
- Make the public gain more awareness regarding the importance and usefulness of travel and tourism
- Use more publicity to promote tourism destinations including the facilities and amenities available
- Develop the travel and tourism industry in Andhra Pradesh, making it more profitable and competent
- Promote eco-friendly and responsible tourism including a profit share to the local population
- Offer encouragement for innovative initiatives in Andhra Pradesh's tourism sector.
- Protect the precious environment and natural resources, which are also assets for the future of travel and tourism
- Strengthen the existing tourism infrastructure in the Andhra Pradesh
- Exploit the tremendous potential for the promotion of Andhra Pradesh Tourism.
- Identify the current gaps in tourism infrastructure and formulate development schemes.
- Offer world-class services for the tourists visiting the State.
- Generate employment with the tourism potential
- Make Andhra Pradesh a top most destination in India by attracting more domestic and foreign tourists.
- Increase the number of tourist arrivals and increase the length of stay of tourists.
- Enhance connectivity and improve environment, utilities and tourist services.
- Integrated development of high- priority tourism infrastructure and create high potential tourism circuits.